Desperate Russian conscripts have a new battle strategy of pretending to be dead

Desperate Russian conscripts have a new battle strategy of pretending to be dead
Desperate Russian conscripts have a new battle strategy of pretending to be dead

The military plan announced by Russian President Vladimir Putin sent hordes of fearful men of fighting age to the border, but even they could not have appreciated the true horror of what those unfortunate enough to be mobilized and sent to the front in Ukraine. to deal with.

Reports of recruited Russians being sent into battle with grossly inadequate training and ‘barely serviceable’ equipment have abounded for weeks, but a new report suggests recruits are resorting to pretending to have died in the heat of the fire. action to save their own lives.

Independent Russian outlet Novaya Gazeta Europe spoke to the wives of three men drafted into the 423rd Guards Motor Rifle Regiment in Moscow at the end of September. The women, whose names have been changed, said their husbands are now being court-martialed for leaving the front line after being deployed to a living nightmare in Ukraine last month.

The men’s training would have consisted of little more than digging trenches at a camp in the forests of Russia’s Belgorod Oblast before being transferred to the Luhansk region of Ukraine just two weeks later on 14 october. The recruits were reportedly commanded by two other of the drafted men, neither of whom had combat experience. After their deployment, the soldiers’ relatives did not hear from them again until October 26, when the men contacted their desperate wives for help.

The wife of a 24-year-old recruit said her husband’s company was bombarded by artillery for 12 hours, during which time one of the commanders was “ripped to pieces”. The surviving commander ordered a retreat – only to be ordered back to the front by higher military authorities. “After refusing to return, they were offered new equipment, body armor, helmets – or a court-martial,” said the woman, nicknamed “Irina”.

She added that her husband, along with 26 other survivors of his business, are now hiding in an abandoned house. “Their bank cards are blocked, they are without means of subsistence, without money, without food, without water,” Irina said. “My husband told me he hadn’t eaten in several days, and we don’t know what to do about it.”

Another wife, “Ekaterina,” said her 27-year-old husband was similarly trained only to dig trenches. He was reportedly sent to a section of the front in Ukraine where 76 men had been killed in shelling about two weeks before his arrival.

On October 25, Ekaterina says her husband and his comrades suffered their own barrage. “For many hours they just lay on the ground and pretended to be dead for one simple reason: they had no weapons other than machine guns,” Ekaterina said. “And there were mortars against them, drones flying over them, if they even moved a finger, then a drone would immediately fly in and destroy them.”

Reports of the appalling state of mobilized Kremlin forces come after propagandists in Moscow encouraged citizens to die horrible deaths for Putin rather than accept defeat in the war.

. conscripts russian desperate have a new strategy fight consistent make pretend to be dead

. Desperate Russian conscripts battle strategy pretending dead

PREV Vladimir Putin’s health not good as expert notices ‘black hands’: Report
NEXT Rishi Sunak’s first big U-turn after taking over as UK PM