Cold Springs Harbor Tiki Bar catches fire, resulting in loss, firefighters say

Cold Springs Harbor Tiki Bar catches fire, resulting in loss, firefighters say
Cold Springs Harbor Tiki Bar catches fire, resulting in loss, firefighters say

Baldwinsville, NY — The Tiki Bar in Cold Springs Harbor caught fire on Tuesday, causing so much damage the building is a loss, firefighters said.

At 10:46 a.m., first responders received a call that the Hayes Road bar inside a marina on the banks of the Seneca River was on fire, according to dispatches from the Onondaga County 911 center.

Firefighters responded and extinguished the blaze, but the building is a loss, said Chief Charles Eastman of the Seneca River Fire Department.

When firefighters arrived, there was heavy smoke and flames on the first floor that quickly spread to the second floor, Eastman said. The fire went through the ceiling, he said.

The bar owner’s mother was the only one inside the building when the fire started, Eastman said. She lives on the second floor, he said.

She was distraught after exiting the building and was assessed by paramedics, he said. No one was injured in the fire, he said.

Eastman said they believe an ice machine compressor started the fire on the first floor. The heaviest smoke and fire concentrated around the machine, he said.

Multiple departments responded to the fire and firefighters were able to extinguish it in about 15 minutes, Eastman said.

Editor Anne Hayes covers breaking news, crime and public safety. Any advice, an idea for an article, a question or a comment? You can reach her at [email protected].

.

. Tiki Bar Cold Springs Harbor takes fire causing a loss according to the firefighters

. Cold Springs Harbor Tiki Bar catches fire resulting loss firefighters

PREV Turkish planes hit targets in Syria and Iraq after Istanbul bombing
NEXT Major natural gas leak at Pennsylvania facility ends after 11 days